Did you know…
Visit your DTA Profile at any time to access your active courses, see your pending enrolments, view your completed courses and download a Certificate. You can also manage your personal details and password.
There is a growing awareness of the potential over- and inappropriate use of psychotropic medications, such as antipsychotics and other sedatives, in older people, especially those with dementia.
DTA provides a consultancy service that assists residential care providers to ensure that their use of antipsychotic medications is aligned with recommended practice.
The Medication Management Consultancy is only be offered as a component of a DTA Tailored Training Package, and its availability is linked to the initial Training Needs Assessment.
The Consultancy utilises a flexible delivery model that integrates into other quality use of medicines programs currently implemented within residential aged care environments.
- Benchmarking before and after implementation to measure
- Staff knowledge about recommended use of antipsychotic medications for responsive behaviours
- Number of residents prescribed antipsychotic medications for responsive behaviours
- Resources to support appropriate use of antipsychotic medications for responsive behaviours
- DTA reminder stickers, reference cards and reference poster
- Online staff education about recommended guidelines for use of antipsychotic medications for responsive behaviours
- Education for staff on how to use DTA resources
- Fact sheets for relatives and carers about antipsychotic medication use for responsive behaviours (Dementia Australia)
- DTA consultant to support staff through the change process
- Development of a mechanism to ensure sustainability of changes at the workplace e.g. policy and procedure