Supporting Veterans in aged and community care
Guest Lecture – 20 February 2018
Gabby Ryan, OBAS, Senior Client Contact for VAN and Community Support, and
Joanne MacLean, Client Contact Officer for VAN and Community Support.
The Australian Armed forces provide many types of support during both peace and war times.
In this presentation Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA) will provide an insight into ‘who is a Veteran’ and discuss specific services available for Veterans using a hypothetical case study.
The presentation will focus on DVA, aged care for Veterans, and the Veterans Home Care and Rehabilitation Appliance Programs. This information may be helpful when supporting Veterans both in community and residential aged care.
- Asset Type Guest Lecture
- Learning Pathway Discovery
- Topic Areas Dementia (general), Person-Centred Care, Workforce needs analysis / profiling
- Target Audience Residential Aged Care, In Home or Community-Based Care
- Target Occupations Nursing, Allied Health & Care Support, Management & Administration, Person Living with Dementia / Family Carer
- Target Populations Anyone with Dementia, Veterans
- Knowledge Translation Thinking
Gabby Ryan and Joanne MacLean
Gabby Ryan, OBAS, Senior Client Contact for VAN and Community Support, Joanne MacLean, Client Contact Officer for VAN and Community Support.
- Provide an overview of the Department of Veterans’ Affairs (DVA).
- Describe specific DVA services that may be accessed to assist aged care clients who are Veterans.
- Use a hypothetical case study to illustrate how these services might be useful in the context of aged care.
This one hour guest lecture may contribute to your Continuing Professional Development (CPD)