Become a DTA member to access our free eLearning courses and receive email updates on DTA events
The Quick Reference Cards are designed as an on-the-spot point of reference for health professionals and care staff working with people with dementia, to help address responsive behaviours.
The Quick Reference Cards are a guide only, to remind or prompt interventions and raise points to consider, including the next steps to take. We recommend you refer to the resources they are based on for more comprehensive and detailed information.
A set of 15 colour-coded flip cards that include:
- 10 common responsive behaviours and delirium
- recommended assessments
- recommended frameworks.
The cards are designed to be quick to use and easy to access; hang them on a hook on the wall or slip them into your pocket.
Two cards featuring three checklists:
- How well am I communicating?
- Understanding the behaviour being observed.
- Getting to know the person living with dementia
The Responsive Behaviours Quick Reference Cards (Lanyard cards and Flip Cards) may be printed without alteration for in-house use only. They are not to be distributed or edited without the permission of Dementia Training Australia (QUT).
- Asset Type Print Materials, Online Materials
- Learning Pathway Implementation
- Topic Areas Dementia (general), Responsive Behaviours, Medication Management, Person-Centred Care
- Target Audience Residential Aged Care, In Home or Community-Based Care, Hospital, Primary Care, Respite Care, University VET or Research Institute
- Target Occupations Medical Specialist, General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychogeriatrician, Pharmacist, Intern or resident, Nurse Specialist, Registered Nurse, Practice Nurse, Endorsed Enrolled Nurse, Enrolled Nurse, Psychologist, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Executive or Senior, Middle Manager
- Target Populations Anyone with Dementia
- Knowledge Translation Doing