Did you know…
Visit your DTA Profile at any time to access your active courses, see your pending enrolments, view your completed courses and download a Certificate. You can also manage your personal details and password.
The Indigenous Aged Care Design Guide is a resource to assist in the design, construction, ongoing assessment and maintenance of aged care facilities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples. This Guide provides practical information on the design, selection, installation, construction, renovation and maintenance of all aspects related to aged care facilities. It is a resource for everybody involved in providing aged care services to Indigenous people, including community councils, Indigenous workers, architects, project managers, trades people and government officials. This Guide is Resource 6 in a set of six Environmental Design Resources.
pdf (LARGE: 184 pages): Indigenous_Aged_Care_Design_Guide
This resource is number 6 in a suite of 6
Resource 3: Environmental Assessment Tool HANDBOOK
Resource 6: Indigenous Aged Care Design Guide
Related DTA Services
- Asset Type Print Materials
- Learning Pathway Inquiry, Implementation
- Topic Areas Dementia (general), Responsive Behaviours, Medication Management, Environmental Design, Sexualities, Palliative Care, Dementia Diagnosis, Dementia Assessment, Change Management, Leadership
- Target Audience Residential Aged Care, Respite Care, Hospice or Palliative Care
- Target Occupations Medical & Pharmacy, Nursing, Allied Health & Care Support, Services, Management & Administration, Design & Civic, Education & Evaluation, Person Living with Dementia / Family Carer, Researcher, Medical Specialist, General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychogeriatrician, Pharmacist, Podiatrist, Intern or resident, Nurse Specialist, Registered Nurse, Practice Nurse, Endorsed Enrolled Nurse, Enrolled Nurse, Assistant in Nursing, Student Nurse, Psychologist, Social Worker, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech Therapist, Dietician Nutrition Specialist, Complementary or Alternative Therapist, Leisure / Lifestyle / Recreational / Diversional Therapist, Personal Care Worker, Housekeeping, Hospitality, Cleaning, and Maintenance, Transport, Grooming, Assessment Services, Spiritual Services, Executive or Senior, Middle Manager, Reception or Administration, Architect, Interior /Outdoor design, Town Planning, Retail or Public Infrastructure, Accreditation, Academic, Undergraduate Student
- Target Populations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples
PAUL PHOLEROS, KIRSTY BENNETT, ADRIAN WELKE, MAUREEN ARCH