Participants will understand how to assess and manage delirium and delirium superimposed on dementia, will identify challenges and facilitators in their own practice setting to improve care for persons with dementia and delirium and will describe components of age friendly care.
- Overview of delirium and delirium superimposed on dementia significance and outcomes
- Assessment challenges in practice
- Description and data from the READI pilot and ultra-brief two-item tool
- Lessons learned from studies on DSD
- Best practices for prevention and management of delirium
- Future work and the Age Friendly Initiative