Did you know…
Visit your DTA Profile at any time to access your active courses, see your pending enrolments, view your completed courses and download a Certificate. You can also manage your personal details and password.
The handbook assist users of the Dementia Friendly Community – Environmental Assessment Tool (DFC-EAT) to systematically
review and create better environments for people living with dementia.
There are three parts in the handbook.
- Part 1 ‘Key Design Principles’ contains a description of key design principles.
- Part 2 ‘The Dementia Friendly Community – Environmental Assessment Tool (DFC-EAT)’ introduces the DFC-EAT and provides directions for its use.
- Part 3 ‘Using the Spreadsheet’ contains a guide to scoring the DFC-EAT and showing the results graphically.
pdf (x pages): DFC-EAT Handbook
Scoring spreadsheet (Excel): DFC-EAT scoring template 4.0
This resource is number 5 in a suite of 6
Resource 3: Environmental Assessment Tool HANDBOOK
Resource 6: Indigenous Aged Care Design Guide
Related DTA Services
- Asset Type Print Materials
- Learning Pathway Inquiry, Implementation
- Topic Areas Environmental Design
- Target Audience Residential Aged Care, In Home or Community-Based Care, Hospital, Private Practice, Primary Care, Respite Care, Hospice or Palliative Care, Transition Care, Civic, Retail, University VET or Research Institute
- Target Occupations Medical & Pharmacy, Nursing, Allied Health & Care Support, Services, Management & Administration, Design & Civic, Education & Evaluation, Person Living with Dementia / Family Carer, Researcher, Medical Specialist, General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychogeriatrician, Pharmacist, Podiatrist, Intern or resident, Nurse Specialist, Registered Nurse, Practice Nurse, Endorsed Enrolled Nurse, Enrolled Nurse, Assistant in Nursing, Student Nurse, Psychologist, Social Worker, Physiotherapist, Occupational Therapist, Speech Therapist, Dietician Nutrition Specialist, Complementary or Alternative Therapist, Leisure / Lifestyle / Recreational / Diversional Therapist, Personal Care Worker, Housekeeping, Hospitality, Cleaning, and Maintenance, Transport, Grooming, Assessment Services, Spiritual Services, Executive or Senior, Middle Manager, Reception or Administration, Architect, Interior /Outdoor design, Town Planning, Retail or Public Infrastructure, Accreditation, Academic, Undergraduate Student
- Target Populations Anyone with Dementia
Richard Fleming & Kirsty Bennett