This course explores person-centred care at night for people living with dementia. The focus is residential care settings.
The course consists of 3 modules and covers:
- General education about sleep
- Strategies for supporting people with different sleep needs and preferences, and
- Tips for carers about how to look after their own well-being, especially those in the night shift workforce.
Primary Learner Setting
- Residential aged care
- Community care
- Also relevant and suitable for other learners from other settings: University, VET, or Research
Target Learner Occupations
- Aged care workers
- Also relevant or of interest to nurses; Allied Health Professionals; night staff generally
Continuing Professional Education Statement
Completion of this course provides 2 hours of professional education – a certificate of completion will be issued after satisfactory course completion which will include passing an online knowledge quiz.
This eLearning course was developed for DTA by the team led by the University of Wollongong, specific credits: Belinda Goodenough, Michael Moriarty, Liz Armitage, and Lesley Knapp. The DTA course development team gratefully acknowledge contributions of the following content experts Deborah Muldoon (Life Care Bedtime to Breakfast Program), Michael Young (UNSW Psychology), Jan Golembiewski (Psychological Design), and Colm Cunningham (featured in video materials developed by the Aged Care Channel).
Dementia Training Australia is supported by funding from the Australian Government under the Dementia and Aged Care Services Fund
Topic Areasdementia-general, dementia-assessment, dementia-diagnosis, responsive-behaviours,
Target Audiencein-home-or-community-based-care, residential-aged-care, university-vet-or-research-institute,
Target Occupationpharmacist, assistant-in-nursing, endorsed-enrolled-nurse, enrolled-nurse, nurse-specialist, practice-nurse, registered-nurse, student-nurse, person-with-dementia-family-carer,
Register for your preferred course date below
Registrations will close the day before the course starts
- November 2019 5 Nov - 19 Nov, 2019Starts soon! Course ID: 94349 Register