Dementia among Veterans
This two-hour workshop aims to raise awareness about veterans with dementia in Australia and their use of services.
Participants will have an increased awareness of:
- The latest research on Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and dementia
- The impact of being a veteran on mood disorders in later life
- The role of alcohol for some veterans in managing mental health issues and the consequences
- Some of the latest research on traumatic brain injury and dementia
- Barriers and enablers to quality care
- Assessment tools and strategies
- Where to go for further information/training (national and state-based).
This one day symposium consists of six separate two hour workshops which each focus on the unique needs of individual groups of people living with dementia.
Session One 9.00 to 11.00am
- Homelessness and dementia workshop
- Resources to support care of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) people with dementia
Session Two 11.20am to 1.20pm
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) people and dementia workshop
- Younger Onset Dementia (YOD) workshop
Session Three 2.00 to 4.00pm
- Dementia among veterans workshop
- Dementia in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) populations workshop
Please follow the links above for more information, registration details and flyers for each individual two hour workshop taking place in Brisbane, QLD.
You can attend one workshop in each session time across the day. It is essential that you register for each workshop you would like to attend.
- Date November 21, 2017
- Time from 02:00 PM
- Time to 04:00 PM
- Location / Region Queensland / Brisbane
- Asset Type Workshop
- Learning Pathway Discovery
- Topic Areas Dementia (general), Responsive Behaviours, Person-Centred Care
- Target Audience Residential Aged Care, In Home or Community-Based Care, Hospital, Private Practice, Primary Care, Respite Care, Hospice or Palliative Care, Transition Care
- Target Occupations Medical & Pharmacy, Nursing, Allied Health & Care Support
- Target Populations Anyone with Dementia, Veterans
- Event Flyer Veterans-DiDG-Flyer-_QLD-21.11.17-1.pdf
- Knowledge Translation Thinking, Doing
- Registration Phone 07 3138 3822
Dementia Educator University of Wollongong
Learning OutcomesThis two-hour workshop aims to raise awareness about Veterans with dementia in Australia and their use of services.
This two hour workshop may contribute to your Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
You can attend one workshop in each session time across the day. It is essential that you register for each workshop you would like to attend. Refreshments will not be provided. There is La Mint Café on site where you can purchase a wide range of food and drinks.
Phone: 07 3138 3822
- Registrations Open: 06 Oct 2017
- Registrations Close: 13 Nov 2017
N Block, Level 5, Room N516
QUT, Cnr Hill Rd & Ring Road, Kelvin Grove, Brisbane, QLD