Did you know…
Visit your DTA Profile at any time to access your active courses, see your pending enrolments, view your completed courses and download a Certificate. You can also manage your personal details and password.
An evidence based, dementia specific, ready reference guide for Occupational Therapists
Helping Occupational Therapists develop best practice management strategies to assist people living with dementia.
A lot can change in 8 years, and thanks to a collaboration between Osborne Park Hospital, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital and Dementia Training Australia, the widely used ‘Dementia: Osborne Park Hospital Guide for Occupational Therapists in Clinical Practice’ resource, first developed in 2011, has been updated and revised.
Join Vera Riley and Anne Pressley, Senior Occupational Therapists from Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital and Osborne Park Hospital, as they discuss the development and how to use the new ‘Guiding Occupational Therapy Practice for People living with Dementia in the Community’.
This nationally applicable resource encourages occupational therapists to use activity analysis and problem solving when working to support people with dementia and their care partners in the community.
The guide includes an overview of dementia, descriptions of many performance based assessments, and easy to use tables of occupational therapy strategies to support people with dementia to live full, meaningful and manageable lives. The overall focus is on promoting optimal independence and safety in daily living activities.
- Date April 30, 2019
- Time from 06:00 PM
- Time to 07:00 PM
- Location / Region Western Australia
- Asset Type Guest Lecture
- Learning Pathway Discovery
- Topic Areas Dementia (general), Person-Centred Care
- Target Audience Residential Aged Care, In Home or Community-Based Care, Hospital, Primary Care, Respite Care, Hospice or Palliative Care, Transition Care, Ambulance or Paramedic
- Target Occupations Medical & Pharmacy, Nursing, Allied Health & Care Support, Management & Administration, Education & Evaluation, Person Living with Dementia / Family Carer
- Target Populations Anyone with Dementia
- Event Flyer GL-RILEYPRESSLEY-30Apr19-OT-GUIDE-approved-flyer.pdf
- Knowledge Translation Thinking
- Registration Phone (08) 9224 0333 (Mon-Thur 8-4pm WST)
- KT Survey Date Range May 2019 - Aug 2019
Vera Riley and Anne Pressley
Senior Occupational Therapist, Sir Charles Gairdner Hospital and Senior Occupational Therapist, Osborne Park Hospital
Learning OutcomesThis guest lecture will:
- Present the structure and reasoning behind the revised guide to OT practice
- Demonstrate use of information from the guide through practical ADL-based examples
This one hour guest lecture may contribute to your Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Technology Park Function Centre, 2 Brodie-Hall Drive, Bentley, Western Australia, Australia