Coffs Harbour, NSW 29th July 2017
This interactive workshop ALM provides you with the opportunity to gain insight into how you can be assisted with best practice identification and management of your patients with dementia.
While this program has been designed for GPs, other Allied Health colleagues are also entitled to participate, as part of their professional development activities; and, all will receive an attendance certificate. The 6 hour workshop also attracts the equivalent of 6 continuing nurse education points.
Coffs Harbour, NSW
During this Triennium (2104 -2016), we will be promoting the program in conjunction with the newly established local Primary Health Networks (PHNs).
- Date July 29, 2017
- Time from 08:30 AM
- Time to 05:00 PM
- Location / Region New South Wales
- Asset Type Workshop
- Learning Pathway Implementation
- Topic Areas Dementia (general), Medication Management, Dementia Diagnosis, Dementia Assessment
- Target Audience Primary Care
- Target Occupations Medical & Pharmacy, Medical Specialist, General Practitioner, Intern or resident, Practice Nurse
- Target Populations Anyone with Dementia, Rural, Remote, Metropolitan
- Event Flyer Workshop_flyer_-Coffs-Harbour.docx
- Knowledge Translation Thinking, Doing
Dr Allan Shell and Dr Megan Alle
Learning Outcomes• Implement early diagnosis and treatment of people with dementia within a primary care setting. • Discuss the measures to reduce known risk factors that impact on developing dementia. • Apply with confidence and interpret the assessment tools, and appreciate the current role of neuroimaging. • Understand the behavioural changes in patients with dementia. • Refer to Alzheimer’s Australia and other community bodies in support of carers. • Recognise dementia in the context of both social and medical condition. • Assist and advise families / carers with future planning for the patient with dementia. • Ensure patient safety by improving the team approach to the assessment and management of early dementia. Knowledge Translation Outcomes
- Increased awareness of the diagnosis and maangement of peolpe with dementia
- Agreement with the need to recognise and diagnose dementia in general practice
- Adopt knowledge related to the early diagnosis and treatment of people with dementia in general practice
6 hours CME / CPD *This activity is associated with RACGP pre/post acitivities.
Opal Cove Resort, Opal Boulevard, Coffs Harbour
Coffs Harbour, New South Wales, Australia