Fully accredited by RACGP and ACRRM, the GPCE is Australia’s leading CPD event for primary care. With the final year in the 2017-2019 triennium approaching, it’s the perfect place to obtain your remaining CPD points.
Active Learning Modules (ALM) supported by DTA
The timely diagnosis and improved management of dementia
Presented over 4 sessions
Enhance your medical and clinical understanding of dementia, highlighting the major challenges in its assessment, treatment and ongoing management. The activity will also address the wider challenges around the care of aged people, including polypharmacy, social and legal issues and dealing with family and carers.
By attending this ALM you will be able to:
- Earn 40 CPD points/6 CPD hours
- Use the current clinical guidelines for the diagnosis and management of dementia in general practice (NH&MRC 2016)
- Distinguish between dementia and other diseases, including delirium
- Implement strategies for family and carers, in dealing with the impact of a patient living with dementia, utilizing local community support and services available
- Improve Patient safety by implementing a system in the practice using screening tools for all patients over 75 years with memory problems, cognitive impairment and depression.
Registration and Event Details
11 – 13 September, 2020
Brisbane Convention & Exhibition Centre