Veterans and dementia
This two-hour workshop aims to raise awareness about veterans with dementia in Australia and their use of services.
Participants will have an increased awareness of:
- The latest research on PTSD and dementia
- The impact of being a veteran on mood disorders in later life
- The role of alcohol for some veterans in managing mental health issues and the consequences
- Some of the latest research on traumatic brain injury and dementia
- Barriers and enablers to quality care
- Assessment tools and strategies
- Where to go for further information/training (national and state-based)
This one day symposium consists of three separate two hour workshops which each focus on the unique needs of individual groups of people living with dementia.
Workshop One 8.30 to 10.30am
Workshop Two 11.00am to 1.00pm
Workshop Three 2.00 to 4.00pm
Please follow the links above for more information, registration details and flyers for each individual two hour workshop taking place in Perth, WA.
You can attend any of the three workshops running during the course of the day. It is essential that you register for each workshop you would like to attend.