Become a DTA member to access our free eLearning courses and receive email updates on DTA events
Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender and/or Intersex (LGBTI) people and dementia workshop
This workshop will explore who LGBTI people are, their lived experience and discrimination. It will cover the decades of history, LGBTI people in the context of dementia, and identify inclusive dementia and aged care services.
- Understand who LGBTI people are, including terminology (sexuality and language)
- Identify the types and level of discrimination impacting LGBTI people
- Identify social and legislative changes in Australia
- Understand the experience of LGBTI people living with dementia, and their partners
- Identify strategies for inclusive care of LGBTI people living with dementia, and their partners
- Identify and source resources to help implement LGBTI-inclusive aged care/dementia services.
This one day symposium consists of three separate two hour workshops which each focus on the unique needs of individual groups of people living with dementia.
Workshop One 8.30 to 10.30am
Workshop Two 11.00am to 1.00pm
Workshop Three 2.00 to 4.00pm
Please follow the links above for more information, registration details and flyers for each individual two hour workshop taking place in Perth, WA.
You can attend any of the three workshops running during the course of the day. It is essential that you register for each workshop you would like to attend.
- Date November 8, 2018
- Time from 02:00 PM
- Time to 04:00 PM
- Location / Region Western Australia/ Perth
- Asset Type Workshop
- Learning Pathway Discovery, Implementation
- Topic Areas Dementia (general), Sexualities
- Target Audience Residential Aged Care, In Home or Community-Based Care, Hospital, Private Practice, Primary Care, Respite Care, Hospice or Palliative Care, Transition Care
- Target Occupations Medical & Pharmacy, Nursing, Allied Health & Care Support
- Target Populations Anyone with Dementia, LGBTIQ
- Event Flyer LGBTI-DiDG-flyer-WA-8Nov18-2.pdf
- Knowledge Translation Thinking
- Registration Phone (08) 9224 0333
- KT Survey Date Range Nov 2018-Feb 2019
Chair, GRAI (GLBTI Rights in Ageing Inc)
Learning OutcomesThe workshop will explore who LGBTI people are, their lived experience and discrimination. It will cover the decades of history, LGBTI people in the context of dementia, and identify inclusive dementia and aged care services.
This two hour workshop may contribute to your Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
Joondalup Reception Centre, Boas Avenue, Joondalup WA, Australia