This one day symposium consists of six separate two hour workshops which each focus on the unique needs of individual groups of people living with dementia.
Session One 9.00 to 11.00am
- Homelessness and dementia workshop
- Resources to support care of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander (ATSI) people with dementia
Session Two 11.20am to 1.20pm
- Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgender and Intersex (LGBTI) people and dementia workshop
- Younger Onset Dementia (YOD) workshop
Session Three 2.00 to 4.00pm
- Dementia among veterans workshop
- Dementia in Culturally and Linguistically Diverse (CALD) populations workshop
Please follow the links above for more information, registration details and flyers for each individual two hour workshop taking place in Brisbane, QLD.
You can attend one workshop in each session time across the day. It is essential that you register for each workshop you would like to attend.
- Date November 21, 2017
- Time from 09:00 AM
- Time to 04:00 PM
- Location / Region Queensland / Brisbane
- Asset Type Workshop
- Learning Pathway Discovery, Inquiry, Implementation
- Topic Areas Dementia (general), Responsive Behaviours, Sexualities, Person-Centred Care, Homelessness
- Target Audience Residential Aged Care, In Home or Community-Based Care, Hospital, Private Practice, Primary Care, Respite Care, Hospice or Palliative Care, Transition Care
- Target Occupations Nursing, Allied Health & Care Support
- Target Populations Anyone with Dementia, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, Culturally and Linguistic Diverse Groups, Younger Onset Dementia, Homeless Persons, Veterans, LGBTIQ
- Event Flyer DiDG-Symposium-Flyer-QLD-21.11.17.pdf
- Knowledge Translation Thinking
- Registration Phone 07 3138 3822
You can attend one workshop in each session time across the day. It is essential that you register for each workshop you would like to attend. Refreshments will not be provided. There is a cafe on site where you can purchase a wide range of food and drinks.
Phone: 07 3138 3822
- Registrations Open: 06 Oct 2017
- Registrations Close: 13 Nov 2017
QUT Kelvin Grove Campus, Ring Road, Kelvin Grove, Queensland, Australia