Did you know…
Visit your DTA Profile at any time to access your active courses, see your pending enrolments, view your completed courses and download a Certificate. You can also manage your personal details and password.
Learn to identify barriers to communication. Develop strategies to support successful communication for the person living with dementia and those in the support relationship.
‘Supporting Successful Communication’ explores the difficulties people living with dementia can experience in communication and the impact this has as the condition progresses. You will learn to identify barriers to communication and develop strategies to support successful communication for the person living with dementia and those in the support relationship.
‘Achieving Purposeful Engagement’ provides an understanding of the importance of meaningful and purposeful engagement for people living with dementia.
If you would like to attend this one-day workshop please complete the attached Expression of Interest form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note this does not automatically guarantee you a place. If you are successful you will be contacted directly.
- Date March 27, 2019
- Time from 09:00 AM
- Time to 04:00 PM
- Location / Region Queensland/ Brisbane
- Asset Type Workshop
- Learning Pathway Discovery, Inquiry, Implementation
- Topic Areas Dementia (general), Responsive Behaviours, Person-Centred Care
- Target Audience Residential Aged Care
- Target Occupations Nursing, Allied Health & Care Support, Management & Administration, Nurse Specialist, Registered Nurse, Practice Nurse, Endorsed Enrolled Nurse, Enrolled Nurse, Assistant in Nursing, Student Nurse, Psychologist, Social Worker, Occupational Therapist, Speech Therapist, Complementary or Alternative Therapist, Leisure / Lifestyle / Recreational / Diversional Therapist, Personal Care Worker
- Target Populations Anyone with Dementia, Culturally and Linguistic Diverse Groups
- Event Flyer Communication-Engagement-Flyer.pdf
- Knowledge Translation Thinking, Doing
- Registration Phone 07 3138 3822
- KT Survey Date Range July - October 2019
Helen is an experienced education facilitator with the Centre for Dementia Learning, Dementia Australia. She has a background in Nursing (RN), Risk Management and Training across the Disability and Ageing Support Sector.
- How dementia can impact on a person’s ability to communicate
- Identify barriers to communications
- Develop strategies to support successful communication for the person living with dementia
- Describes the impact of dementia
- Understand the importance of engagement for people living with dementia
- Understand the underpinning principles of engagement
- Understand the individual needs of people living with dementia with a focus on their unique strengths and abilities
7 continuing development hours (CPD)
Please click on the link to register your attendance online via event arc. Please note once registered you will receive a confirmation/registration ticket. Please print and bring along to the event
Phone: 07 3138 3822
- Registrations Open: 26 Feb 2019
- Registrations Close: 15 Mar 2019
Z Block, Level 4, The Glasshouse
Z Block, Musk Avenue, Kelvin Grove QLD, Australia