DTA-8181-12-17 : Community Care and Dementia – Understanding the Condition
This course explores how dementia impacts the physiology of the brain and its effects on an individual’s ability to perform activities of daily living.
Start Date: December 1, 2017
The course has been developed for the community and home care workforce, specifically care workers, coordinators and case managers.
After completing this course participants will:
- Be aware of different types and causes of dementia
- Explore the impact dementia has on the individual’s ability to perform activities of daily living
- Identify how to communicate effectively with people with dementia
- Discover how to support and assist people with dementia participate in everyday activities in meaningful ways
Dementia Training Australia is supported by funding from the Australian Government under the Dementia and Aged Care Services Fund
The video footage for this DTA course was developed by the Aged Care Channel, with content expert Professor Colm Cunningham
A Completion Certificate for CPD credit is awarded on successful completion.
- Date from December 1, 2017
- Date to December 15, 2017
- Location / Region Online Course
- Asset Type eLearning
- Learning Pathway Discovery, Inquiry
- Topic Areas Dementia (general), Responsive Behaviours, Dementia Diagnosis, Dementia Assessment
- Target Audience Residential Aged Care, In Home or Community-Based Care, University VET or Research Institute
- Target Occupations Person Living with Dementia / Family Carer, Pharmacist, Nurse Specialist, Registered Nurse, Practice Nurse, Endorsed Enrolled Nurse, Enrolled Nurse, Assistant in Nursing, Student Nurse
- Target Populations Anyone with Dementia
- Knowledge Translation Thinking, Doing
- Registration Phone +61 2 4221 5555
Use the button below to express your interest in registering for this course. You will receive instructions regarding how to begin the course just prior to it's start date.
Phone: +61 2 4221 5555
- Registrations Open: 28 Sep 2017
- Registrations Close: 30 Nov 2017
If you don't already have a DTA account, you will need to create one before registeringRegister for this Course