DTA-8088-02-18 : Community Care and Dementia – Responsive Behaviours
This course explores how a person living with dementia can exhibit a range of behaviours. It looks at strategies that can reduce or prevent episodes of responsive behaviour, and maintain client and staff safety.
Start Date: February 1, 2018
The course has been developed for the community and home care workforce, specifically care workers, coordinators and case managers.
After completing this course, participants will be able to:
- Identify some of the responsive behaviours commonly associated with dementia
- Consider the experience and language of behaviour from the view point of the person living with dementia in the community
- Implement behaviour-related strategies which positively support the care experience
A Completion Certificate for CPD credit is awarded on successful completion.
- Date from February 1, 2018
- Date to February 15, 2018
- Location / Region Online Course
- Asset Type eLearning
- Learning Pathway Discovery, Inquiry
- Topic Areas Dementia (general), Responsive Behaviours, Dementia Diagnosis, Dementia Assessment
- Target Audience Residential Aged Care, In Home or Community-Based Care, University VET or Research Institute
- Target Occupations Person Living with Dementia / Family Carer, Pharmacist, Nurse Specialist, Registered Nurse, Practice Nurse, Endorsed Enrolled Nurse, Enrolled Nurse, Assistant in Nursing, Student Nurse
- Target Populations Anyone with Dementia
- Knowledge Translation Thinking, Doing
- Registration Phone +61 2 4221 5555
Use the button below to express your interest in registering for this course. You will receive instructions regarding how to begin the course just prior to it's start date.
Phone: +61 2 4221 5555
- Registrations Open: 27 Sep 2017
- Registrations Close: 31 Jan 2018
If you don't already have a DTA account, you will need to create one before registeringRegister for this Course